Sunday, November 16, 2008

Eight

When my friend, Marcia, posted this on her knitting blog, I begged her to let me copy it! What a great idea! And, of course, being me…I immediately thought of a wonderful book called “ The Eight” by Katherine Neville. It’s a twist-and-turn mystery, set during the French Revolution, with a dash of DaVinci Code throne in for good measure. It’s not a new book, but one definitely worth your time.

And now, on with the great 8 survey:

8 TV shows I watch :
1. Weeds
2. Entourage
3. John & Kate Plus 8 (that even works with the survey!)
4. House Hunters
5. Most shows on the Travel channel
6. Rachel Ray
7. The Ghost Whisperer
8. Whichever New England sports team happens to be competing..and I don’t have the remote.

8 of My Favorite Restaurants (I have too many favorites to name them all):
1. Waterfront Restaurant, Camden ME
http://www.waterfrontcamden.com/
3. Francine’s, Camden, ME
http://www.francinebistro.com/
5. The Youngtown Inn, Lincolnville, ME
http://www.youngtowninn.com/
6. Café Miranda, Rockland, ME
http://www.cafemiranda.com/
7. Suzuki Japanese Cuisine, Rockland, ME
http://www.suzukisushi.com/
8. Chez Michel, Lincolnville, ME

8 Things that happened Yesterday
1. A big section of our fence fell down for no apparent reason.
2. Murphy tried to climb the section of the fence and got stuck.
3. My dishwasher, newly replaced with a new computer chip, began making hissing noises as if it was now possessed by demons.
4. I emailed Caroline at school three times and talked to my mom twice.
5. I watched the news obsessively about the Santa Barbara fires, since I spent a great part of my childhood there.
6. I read three chapters in Margot Livesy’s new book.
7. I made Risotto, and ate almost all of it myself.
8. I took the dogs for a very long walk in the mist to work off the risotto.

8 Things I am looking forward to:
1. Caroline coming home for Thanksgiving!
2. Picking out the tree and decorating it.
3. Finding a new job…hopefully soon.
4. Always beginning a new book.
5. Going to Arizona in the Spring.
6. Celebrating my 22nd wedding anniversary, albeit quietly.
7. My next yoga class.
8. The first snow !

8 things on my wishlist:
1. A new fence ! ;-)
2. The perfect butter leather soft black boots.
3. Gloves that can’t be lost.
4. A Kindle e-reader.
5. World peace tied with a really good haircut ;-).
6. Teens who don’t argue.
7. Good health for all of my family and friends.
8. A trip to Ireland.

8 Things I love:
1. My husband and our children.
2. My mom.
3. My cousins, Jeff’s family, and our dear friends.
4. Our wild & crazy pets.
5. Dunkin’ Donuts raspberry coffee, light.
6. GPS…I am no longer lost all the time.
7. Fresh sourdough bread.
8. The first snow !

8 things I can't stand:
1. Traffic and long lines.
2. Watching the news and knowing I can’t do a thing about it.
3. Reality TV, other than the ones I listed.
4. People who don’t like animals.
5. Bland food.
6. Wet socks on a cold day.
7. The wrong pillow.
8. Mean people.

8 People I am tagging:
1. I don’t know if enough people follow my blog to name ! So, jump on do this too, if you’re a reader and think it’s fun !
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?
8.?

3 comments:

Marcia said...

world peace and a good haircut - nice. :) Love it! So I have to say I'm surprised you still haven't had snow, being so far north and all. Much further north than I am and we've had a few storms already. What's up with that?

Dorene said...

Yay, I found Wheatie's blog too!! Through Cassie's, who found me on Facebook.

I'm looking forward to reading your blog, too, Ellen, and hope you and your family are doing well!

dori, from FAMs :)

DAVID said...

Don't forget the WHITE BARN in Kennebunk. Food and service is outstanding.

And "True Blood" turned out to be a captivating series.