Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My final CaringBridge Post...reposted.

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson


I am incredibly thankful.

I am thankful for this past weekend's grand tour of New England, during which we accomplished much, including visiting with both of our kids. All four of us being in one state is increasingly rare these days.

I am thankful for safe travels for all of us in my family, for nice places to stay and for far too much good food to eat.

I am thankful for a happy place for my beloved, immense, annoying, overly exhuberant dogs to stay, while I'm out of town.

I am thankful for GPS, even when I yell at it. I am thankful for my ability to navigate without the darn thing when its directions make no sense.

I am thankful for fact that I could sit up at every single game and deal with freezing cold temps, obnoxious hockey parents (from other teams, of course) and minimal pain levels.

I am thankful to have a son and a daughter who bless me beyond measure...and who are far too good for me to ever deserve the honor of being their mom.

I am thankful for a husband who is flexible enough to take conference calls on the road, and never to lose his professionalism or hard work, regarldess of where we are.

I am thankful for a mom who loves me beyond my understanding.

I am thankful for Dunkin Donuts coffee, who kept me going from late night to early morning games and long stretches of highway.

I am thankful for those teachers and coaches who have mentored my kids along the way.

I am even thankful for my puffy hockey mom coat, that keeps me exceeding warm, even when the wind chill is -5. Caroline, I know you hate it as a bad fashion statement. We'll revisit this conversation when you're 45.

I am thankful for those people who have prayed for me, who have pulled for me, who have sent good juju my way and who have thought anything remotely positive for me for the past four months. 

Thank you. Bless you. Over and out for Caring Bridge.

No comments: